Since 2007, the Colorado Energy Research Collaboratory (Collaboratory) is a uniquely Colorado partnership. The Collaboratory has been a successful and impactful research consortium among four leading research institutions—the Colorado School of Mines, Colorado State University, University of Colorado-Boulder, and National Renewable Energy Laboratory. Our impact and exceptional record of research and education can be read in our economic impact report.
Our research areas support a diversified energy portfolio in advanced energy technologies in oil and gas, sustainable energy, microgrid, battery, advanced cooling, gas to liquid, and increased energy efficiency — to name a few.
The Collaboratory works with industry partners, public agencies, and other universities and colleges to transform our energy future. We do this by:
- Use our world-class researchers and state-wide facilities to expand our national leadership in energy research collaborations
- Leverage partnerships to transform research innovation into commercial impact
- Developing technologies that make “all of the above” energy exploration and production more effective and cheaper
- Training the next-gen workforce through education, company/job creating technologies and intellectual property
- Boosting the nation’s energy ecosystem through research partnerships with industry, foundations, and government